Hey friends! As all of you know hair gels are heaven for curly girls. And I myself have used a number of them but nothing was as good as homemade flaxseed gel. Here are some pros of this gel.
- It has a very good hold which gives a great definition to your hair.
- It is a natural shine enhancer.
- It is budget friendly.
- Quite easy to make and would hardly take around 15 minutes.
- Do not dry out the hair.
So here is the recipe to my ultimate favorite hair gel.
- Flaxseed – 1/4 cup
- Water – 2 cups
Method of preparation:
- Put the flaxseed and water in a pot and put it in high flame on stove.
- Once the water starts boiling bring the heat to medium.
- Keep Stirling the mix for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- You will find the water thickening a bit. A texture like egg white.
- Remove the mix from stove and strain it.
- Allow it to cool.
- Refrigerate it in a glass jar and use it per requirement.
*Make sure not to over boil the flaxseed as it will thicken the gel too much and make it difficult for application.
*Use a considerable amount of this gel for very good hold.
*Add a few drops of any essential oil of your choice (optional)