Have you been wondering why your hair is dry, tangled and frizzy all the time and what do you lack in your curly hair care?
Well, there are few curly hair etiquette which we must follow in order to avoid this. These are among some of my personal experiences as well, after avoiding which I could deal with less tangled and frizz free curls. So let’s begin~
- Since curly hair is already dry using shampoo very often for cleansing could result in dryness and breakage. Thus, try to avoid shampoo as much as possible and minimise it’s usage per week. You could start Co washing or dilute the shampoo with water while washing which could reduce the harsh effect of it on your hair.
- Not applying enough conditioner after shampooing could also result in frizz. Curly hair needs lots of moisture which is provided by conditioner and water. They must work together on hair. So do not hesitate to pump as much as conditioner needed to drench all your hair into it.
- Not using a leave in conditioner or hair butter after wash is another reason for frizz. I usually use my daily conditioner as leave in conditioner as well since it is silicone free and pretty much do the same job.
- Combing your hair dry is the next reason for frizzy hair. Try to detangle after you oil your hair before wash or while applying conditioner in the shower. However, it is necessary to avoid combing or detangling on a non wash day.
- Using a towel to dry your hair could create more frizz. Do not rub your hair with the towel instead use a micro fiber towel or a normal cotton t-shirt to remove excess water from your hair by scrunching them from tip to root.
- Do not touch or play with your damp or wet hair. Running your fingers in them before they are 100% dry could result in frizz.
- Sleep in a pineapple hair style. You could also invest in a satin cap and put all your hair inside in a gentle high top knot.
- Use a satin or silk pillow case to sleep. Cotton pillow cover would encourage frizz formation when your hair is rubbed over them.
- Refresh your hair on non wash days to minimise frizz.
- Choosing the right products for your hair is another important aspect in avoiding dry and frizzy hair. You must know your hair and understand what’s best and what’s not suitable for your curls. Read the ingredients while purchasing a product.
- Try and avoid going outside after you wash your hair. As far as possible wait for it to dry 100%.
- Using a blow dryer could also make your hair dry and rough. Try to air dry as far as possible or invest in a hair diffuser and use a cool medium to diffuse your curls.
- Do not work on your curls too much in between wash days. Avoid unnecessary fiddle or running fingers on your curls.