Getting volume on your curly hair is often compromised with definition especially if you have fine and thin hair. I have been experiencing and experimenting on certain areas to enhance my hair volume this winter and I must say I am quite impressed with the results. So let’s dig in>>>>
- Diffusing the hair upside down – This technique has made such a tremendous improvement in maximising the volume of my curls and reducing frizz. When you diffuse this way you actually lift the roots and increase space between them for more volume.
- Clipping the hair – This is a technique for those who prefer to air dry . Once your are done with styling, gently lift small sections of your hair and clip them to roots all around your head. You could use 4 to 5 clips depending on your hair density. Make sure to leave enough gap between each clip.
- Fluff and shake your roots – Once the hair is 100% dry, get your hair upside down the gently insert your fingers on to hair and shake the roots. This could be done after you scrunch out the crunch (SOTC).
- Get layers – Get a haircut with lots of layers to increase the volume on your hair. This will also enhance the curl your natural texture.
- Use Volumizing shampoo / stylers – There are many brands these days who sell such shampoos/ mouse/ foams especially designed for fine haired curlies.
- Avoid oil during styling – Using oil while styling your hair could weigh down the hair and compromise on the volume. Use foams and gels instead.
- Use lighter products – Butters and creams are known to weigh down the hair more than others. Thus try to use lighter and lesser products to gain more volume.
- Clarify your hair monthly – Product buildup could weigh down your hair and not give you enough volume. So remember to clarify once a month especially if you have low porosity hair which tends to buildup faster.
- Part your hair differently – Changing the way you part your hair could get you extra volume.