Deep conditioning is such an important aspect of a healthy hair care especially when it comes to curly/wavy hair. Since curly hair is naturally dry it needs a lot of moisture in order to have soft and bouncy curls. And thus we must ensure to deep condition our hair at least once a week.
There are lot of ways to deep condition your hair. You can purchase any deep treatment mask from the market suitable for your hair type or you could make a DIY (do it yourself) mask at home such as avocado and banana mask, mayonnaise and oil mask, egg mask etc. Or you could even use your regular conditioner to do a deep treatment.
As I have already mentioned in my previous posts, my hair is sensitive to protein. And at the beginning of my hair journey to deep condition I had purchased the ogx hydrating macadamia oil mask but my curls did not respond well to it as compared to other ogx products which I got along. I even tried the avocado, banana and coconut oil mask but the results were not very impressive either. Eggs and mayonnaise were all delivering similar results. Once again Ingredient was the key and king here and panthenol was the villain.
Gradually through time and research I decided to deep condition using my regular conditioner. May be by adding a few ingredient into it to make it more effective. So I used my ogx quenching coconut conditioner, a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of olive oil. And there you go!!! It was a miracle mixture indeed. My hair felt so soft and moisturised after wash. It was like never before and a result beyond my imagination.
My deep treatment routine:
- Wash and cleanse my hair with ogx quenching coconut shampoo.
- Divide my hair into equal sections and apply the deep treatment mask.
- Secure hair in a hair clip and run my hair dryer in medium heat over the head from all direction for one minute and then immediately cover the head with a shower cap/grocery bag.
- Leave the mask on hair for about 45 minutes to 1 hour and rinse it off.
- I skip my for regular conditioning after this and proceed on to apply leave in / hair gel.
- Scrunch hair well with hands.
- Plop in a cotton t-shirt for half an hour and diffuse or air dry.