In order to have a defined, moisturized and frizz free curl one must follow a regular hair routine which should include a hot oil treatment, deep conditioning and a protein treatment (if required for your hair) once a week or at least once a month. I was able to get a transformation by following such a healthy and strict regime. Therefore today i would like to share my haircare routine and techniques with all of you. The products I use on my hair are shampoo, conditioner (also use as a leave in), hair cream and homemade hair gel. The steps which i follow are:
- I use the Ogx quenching coconut shampoo to wash my hair. I prefer diluting the shampoo with water. So i start by gently massage them onto my scalp using my fingers and use the lather to wash the remaining hair as well in lukewarm water.
- Next i divide my hair in five section and gently rake in my Ogx quenching coconut conditioner starting from the tip to all the way up and finger comb through each section to untangle any knots.
- I leave the conditioner on hair for about 15 min and then wash it off. However i make sure not to wash it off entirely and leave some on hair.
- After this i again divide my hair in sections including the crown hair and apply a good amount of my same conditioner as leave in and followed by Ogx moroccan curling perfection cream.
- Now to seal in the moisture i sometimes rake in a little bit of essential oil into each section of hair (optional).
- Finally rake in my homemade flaxseed gel and scrunch well with hands. And this time I make sure to be very gentle and do not go hard at scrunching. Keep scrunching till I see the clumps forming. Later plop my hair in a cotton t shirt for about an hour and diffuse or air dry.
Once my hair is 100% dry i scrunch out the crunch to break the gel cast and i am all set 🙂
“My current favorite hair products”
“Wet hair Vs 100% dry hair“